Distinguished Alumni Award
Aneita Giovig Zander
"Who can find a good-natured nurse? For her price is far above silver and gold...(Proverbs 31) ... She seeks medicines and skills, and works willingly to help others...she is like the dedicated servant; favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a nurse that fears the Lord, she shall be praised...Give her the fruit of her hands and let her own works praise her in the halls of nursing..."
Aneita Giovig Zander 2001
Aneita Giovig Zander graduated from Allen Memorial Hospital Lutheran School of Nursing in 1947.
- Was a member of the Cadet Nurse Program-First Class
- She worked in the surgery department at Allen Hospital following graduation
- She worked in the first-aid station at National Dairy Congress
- In charge of an immunization clinic sponsored by Black Hawk Medical Society
- Taught Red Cross Home Nursing
- Member of the American Legion Auxiliary
- Member of Our Savior's Lutheran Church since 1954
- Member of the Allen Alumni Nurses' Association Board of Directors for many years...
- Board members say she is a real "go-getter" in all she undertakes
- Spent 6 months in Chicago and worked in the nursery department at the Cook County Hospital. She also worked with the child care program, ages 6-12