Admission Requirements Radiography
Allen College uses a holistic admission review. The process balances academic achievement, work experience, extra-curricular involvement, leadership, community service, diversity, as well as, other applicable life experiences.
Undergraduate Admissions Criteria
The Radiography program begins once each year in late summer. Applications will not be considered until all required materials are received. Applicant review and admission happens on a monthly basis until the program is full.
Students who apply for admission are considered on the basis of probable success as determined by:
Direct Admission from High School
Must meet two of the three following criteria:
Suggested High School Curriculum:
- ACT minimum score: 20
- Class Rank: Upper 50% of graduating class
- Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average: 3.0
- English - 8 semesters (2 semesters in Composition)
- Mathematics - 6 semesters (2 semesters in Algebra)
- Science - 6 semesters (2 semesters in Biology)
- Social Studies - 6 semesters
- Applicants with 1-24 college credits must meet Direct Admission from High School criteria and have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.5
- Applicants with more than 24 college credits must have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.5. All required general education courses must be a C- or above.
Applicants whose first language is not English must prove English Proficiency.
Any student who is applying for admission to Allen College and is under the age of compulsory school attendance in Iowa (18) or has earned less than 25 credit hours from an accredited institution of higher education will be required to submit an official high school diploma or its equivalent prior to being admitted to Allen College. This will allow each student admitted to Allen College to be registered as a "regular student" as required by 34CFR600.2.