Curriculum Degree Option
A student must complete a minimum of 36 credit hours, including at least 24 credit hours of MSN-level coursework at Allen College to graduate.
MSN core courses: 17 credit hours
Community/Public Health Nurse courses: 19 credit hours
- NU 730 Clinical Prevention and Population Health: 3 credit hours
- NU 645 Community/Public Health I: 3 credit hours (2 theory/1 practicum)
- NU 646 Community/Public Health II: 3 credit hours (2 theory/ 1 practicum)
- NU 647C Community/Public Health Clinical Enrichment: 1 credit hour (practicum)
- NU 651 Leadership I: Role/Organization Theory/Change 3 credit hours (2 theory/1 clinical)
Elective: 6 credit hours*
*Students may choose from leadership, education, or practice for a secondary focus within the Community/Public Health Nurse MSN program.
MSN CORE + COMMUNITY/PUBLIC HEALTH TRACK
- 36 Credit Hours
- 300 Clinical Hours
Course content is delivered in an online format.