Curriculum Degree Option
This degree option consists of 36 credit hours. A student must complete 17 credit hours of MSN core courses through Allen College. In addition, students complete 16 credit hours of Leadership Health Informatics Technology (LHIT) coursework through the University of Minnesota and 3 credit hours of Informatics practicum through Allen College.
- MSN core courses: 14 credit hours *
- NU542C Clinical Enrichment: Informatics* (2 credits)
- NU542C Clinical Enrichment: Informatics (1 credit)
- NUXXX Nursing Leadership elective (3 credits)*
- HINF 5510 Applied Health Care Databases: Database Principles and Data Evaluation (3 credits)
- Nurs 5115 Interdisciplinary Healthcare Informatics (3 credits)
- Nurs 5116 Consumer Health Information (1 credit)
- Nurs 6105 System Analysis and Design (3 credits)
- Nurs 7105 Knowledge Representation and Interoperability (2 credits)
- Nurs 7108 Population Health Informatics (2 credits)
- Nurs 7113 Clinical Decision Support (2 credits)
MSN CORE + LHIT TRACK
Course content is delivered in an online format.
* Denotes course taken at Allen College