MSN Curriculum LHIT
This degree option consists of 39 credit hours. A student must complete 17 credit hours of MSN core courses, 3 credit hours Leadership elective, and 3 credit hours Informatics practicum through Allen College.
Allen College Courses:
- MSN core requirements: 17 credit hours *
- NU542C-2 Clinical Enrichment: Informatics for 2 credit hours clinical, and
- NU542C-1 Clinical Enrichment: Informatics for 1 credit hour clinical
- NUXXX Nursing Leadership elective for 3 credit hours
University of Minnesota Courses:
- HINF 5510 Applied Health Care Databases: Database Principles and Data Evaluation (3 credits)
- Nurs 5115 Interdisciplinary Healthcare Informatics (3 credits)
- Nurs 5116 Consumer Health Information (1 credit)
- Nurs 6105 System Analysis and Design (3 credits)
- Nurs 7105 Knowledge Representation and Interoperability (2 credits)
- Nurs 7108 Population Health Informatics (2 credits)
- Nurs 7113 Clinical Decision Support (2 credits)
Total credit hours: 39
Course content is delivered in an online format.
In addition, students complete 16 credit hours of Leadership Health Informatics Technology (LHIT) coursework through the University of Minnesota.