Admission Criteria (DNP)
The DNP option begins once each year in the fall. Applications will not be considered until all required materials are received. Review of complete applicant files occurs on a rolling basis.
- A master's degree with a major in nursing from a school accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting organization
- A minimum graduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 on a 4.00 scale
- Provide evidence of national certification, if applicable
- Current, active, and unencumbered nursing license
- Completion of a statistics course
- Completion of 600 contact hours of clinical experience in a MSN program
(Students entering the program with fewer than 600 clinical or practicum contact hours will work with an academic advisor developing a written plan to facilitate completion of additional hours throughout the DNP program. Additional clinical hours may be completed in a variety of settings demonstrating the DNP graduate outcomes)
Allen College uses a holistic admission review. The process balances academic achievement, work experience, extra-curricular involvement, leadership, community service, diversity, as well as, other applicable life experiences.
Please note: Meeting admission criteria does not guarantee admission into the program.
Allen College uses a competitive admission review. The top applicants are accepted each term.