A minimum 25 credit hours must be completed to earn a post-graduate certificate.
Family Nurse Practitioner courses: 25 credits
- NU:550 Advanced Health Assessment: 2 credit hours theory, 1 credit hour lab/clinical
- NU:560 Advanced Physiology & Disease States: 3 credit hours theory
- NU:570 Advanced Pharmacology: 3 credit hours theory
- NU:600 Family Nursing: Adult & Older Adult: 3 credit hours theory
- NU:600C Family Nursing I: Clinical: 2 credit hours clinical
- NU:605 Family Nursing: Primary Care of Women and Children: 3 credit hours theory
- NU:605C Family Nursing II: Clinical: 2 credit hours clinical
- NU:610 Complex Care of the Family: 3 credit hours theory
- NU:610C Family Nursing III: Clinical: 2 credit hours clinical
- NU:612C Family Nursing: Clinical Enrichment: 1 credit hour clinical
Total Clinical Hours: 600
Theory courses are delivered in a hybrid format. One credit hour clinical equals 75 hours.
Must demonstrate completion of graduate nursing courses in appropriate roles and health promotion/disease prevention for national certification. Courses may be transferred in or completed at Allen College.