International Student Admission Steps | Print |  E-mail

Apply for Admission

  1. See the Academic Programs* page for a complete list of programs of study offered at Allen College.  Click your preferred program of study for the admission requirements.  Choose the International Student Application for Admission (coming soon) as part of the application process.  *If you are applying for a program which requires an RN license you must have obtained the license prior to acceptance at Allen College.
  2. Request ETS to send your official TOEFL results to Allen College’s Admissions Office; 8725. You may also choose to provide an alternative English option.
  3. Submit your financial statement with the required deposit shown. See cost of attendance for the current tuition.
  4. Send a copy of your official high school/secondary school and college* (if applicable) transcripts to Allen College's Admissions Office.
  5. If you have College transcripts from outside the United States; you are required to send them for evaluation to Educational Credential Evaluators.  You MUST request a Catalog Match, which can be found at  If you have any other report completed it will NOT meet the requirement. 
  6. Pay your deposit for mandatory health insurance.
  7. If transferring from another U.S. institution, print a School Transfer Form. You must fill out the top section and then deliver it to your International Student Advisor.  Ask them to fill out their portion of the form and return it to the address listed at the bottom of the page (on the form).  All financial obligations must be satisfied (your bill must be paid in full) at your current school prior to being issued an I-20 by Allen College.
  8. If you are coming from outside of the U.S.; after you have been admitted and received the form I-20, pay the SEVIS fee PRIOR to your visa appointment. 

Application Deadline

If you are transferring to Allen College from another college or university please follow the admission process noted above and the deadlines listed for the program that you are applying for.  Questions can be directed to the Director of Student Services at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .

If you are applying from your home country, please start the process early. You will need to plan ahead for visa appointments and travel arrangements.

Admission Acceptance Notification

After your application materials have been reviewed by the admissions office and the International student office, you will receive a written notification about the admissions decision.

Allen College will consider admission to International student applicants under the age of 18 on a case by case basis.

Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20)

Once you have been admitted you will be provided your Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20).

To apply for an F-1 student visa you will need to take your Form 1-20 and any other required materials for your visa appointment to a United States Embassy or Consulate in your home country. The F-1 student visa is required for you to enter the United States as a student.

Check the website of the Embassy or Consulate office you will visit for specific requirements needed to apply for an F-1 student visa.  You may want to access the Education USA office closest to you for additional assistance and suggestions.

International students are required to attend the educational institution designated on the Form I-20 and are expected to complete at least one semester at that institution prior to requesting transfer to any other educational institution.

If you choose to attend another institution after Allen College has issued a Form I-20 you will need to contact us immediately so that it may be corrected in SEVIS.

Responsibilities of Admitted International Students 

Once you are admitted to Allen College, you must stay in communication with the Director of Student Services in order to remain in compliance with your F-1 visa status.  Notification and authorization is required for address changes, travel outside of the U.S., and current enrollment must be reported timely.  Please reference the notification rules (coming soon) to determine your responsibilities and to insure you are in status as an International student.


SEO Iowa