Admission Requirements (MLS)
The EAGER admission process allows outstanding high school students, or college students with fewer than 25 semester hours of academic credit, to request admission to Allen College. If the EAGER applicant is admitted, enrollment is guaranteed for a specified term. All admission criteria must be maintained, including satisfactory completion of all required general education coursework prior to beginning Allen College.
Allen College uses a holistic admission review. The process balances academic achievement, work experience, extra-curricular involvement, leadership, community service, diversity, as well as, other applicable life experiences.
- EAGER applicants must meet at least two of the following three criteria:
- ACT composite score of 25 or above or another equivalent standardized college entrance test score.
- Minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- High school rank in the upper 20% of their graduating class, or have taken the General Education Developmental test (GED) with composite score of 57 or above
- Recommended high school curriculum:
- English-8 semesters (2 semesters in Composition)
- Math-6 semesters (2 semesters in Algebra)
- Science-6 semesters (2 semesters in Biology, 2 semesters in Chemistry)
- Social Sciences-6 semesters
Transfer Student Admission Requirements:
Applicant review and admission begins November 1 continuing on a monthly basis until the program is full. Please note the program may fill after November reviews.
Transfer student applicants must:
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Complete a minimum of 60 semester hours of college credit, including a minimum of 12 semester hours of required natural science coursework to be considered for admission.
- Complete, at the minimum, 72 semester hours of credit accepted by Allen College prior to matriculation at Allen College.
- Have, at minimum, a cumulative 2.7 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in the following courses:
Submit Written Reference
Completion of required General Education coursework before beginning program
- English Comp
- Oral Communication
- Anatomy & Physiology*
- Organic Chemistry*
- College Math*
* Denotes courses that are considered in the grade point average of students holding a Baccalaureate degree at the time of review. All transferable courses must be completed with a grade of C- or above.
Admission is competitive. Completion of these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.