Admission Requirements (MLS)
The EAGER admission process allows outstanding high school students to request admission to Allen College. If the EAGER applicant is admitted, enrollment is guaranteed for a specified term. All admission criteria must be maintained, including satisfactory completion of all required general education coursework prior to beginning Allen College.
Allen College uses a holistic admission review. The process balances academic achievement, work experience, extra-curricular involvement, leadership, community service, diversity, as well as, other applicable life experiences.
- EAGER applicants must meet at least two of the following three criteria:
- ACT composite score of 25 or above or another equivalent standardized college entrance test score.
- Minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 3.8 on a 4.0 scale
- High school rank in the upper 20% of their graduating class, or have taken the General Education Developmental test (GED) with composite score of 57 or above
- Recommended high school curriculum:
- English-8 semesters (2 semesters in Composition)
- Math-6 semesters (2 semesters in Algebra)
- Science-6 semesters (2 semesters in Biology, 2 semesters in Chemistry)
- Social Sciences-6 semesters
Transfer Student Admission Requirements:
Applicant review and admission begins November 1 continuing on a monthly basis until the program is full. Please note the program may fill after November reviews.
Transfer student applicants must:
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Complete a minimum of 60 semester hours of college credit, including a minimum of 12 semester hours of required natural science coursework to be considered for admission.
- Complete, at the minimum, 84 semester hours of credit accepted by Allen College prior to matriculation at Allen College.
- Have, at minimum, a cumulative 2.7 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in the following courses:
Submit Written Reference
Completion of required General Education coursework before beginning program
- English Comp
- Oral Communication
- Anatomy & Physiology*
- Organic Chemistry*
- College Math*
* Denotes courses that are considered in the grade point average of students holding a Baccalaureate degree at the time of review. All transferable courses must be completed with a grade of C- or above.
Applicants whose first language is not English must prove English proficiency prior to admission review. Visit http://www.allencollege.edu/future-students-international-student-admission.aspx for details.
Admission is competitive. Completion of these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.