The Medical Laboratory Science program start date has changed. Beginning in 2017 the program will start in May rather than August.
Medical Laboratory Science Degree Curriculum (BHS)
- General Education Courses: 84 credit hours
- Medical Laboratory Science Courses: 40 credit hours
General Education Pre-Requisites Curriculum:
A minimum of 84 credit hours in required general education coursework must be completed prior to enrollment at Allen College. Students attend a regionally accredited institution of their choice to complete the general education courses.
Humanities: (15 credits)
- Written Communication (3 credit hours)
- Oral Communication (3 credit hours)
- Diversity Elective (3 credit hours)
- Humanities Electives (6 credit hours)
Defined by Allen College as Art, Music, Theatre, Dance, English, Foreign Language, Philosophy, History, Cultures, Civilization, Literature, Religion, Economics and Communication Arts.
Social Sciences (9 credits)
- Sociology (3 credit hours)
- Psychology (3 credit hours)
- Social Science Electives (3 credit hours)
Defined by Allen College as Geography, History, Political Science,
Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Family Services, Management,
Anthropology, and Criminology
Natural Sciences and Mathematics (30 credit hours)
- Anatomy & Physiology (3-4 credit hours)
- One semester of Anatomy & Physiology (lab is recommended)
- Chemistry (12-16 credit hours)
- Organic Chemistry is required
- Biochemistry is recommended
- Biology (9-12 credit hours)
- Microbiology is required
- Math (6 credit hours)
- Statistics is recommended
Additional Requirements (30 credit hours)
- Elective courses (any field)
Medical Laboratory Science Curriculum:
A student must earn a minimum of 124 credit hours to graduate.