Admission Requirements (PH)
The Public Health - Health Care Leadership program accepts students in the fall and spring semesters, though fall is generally preferred. Applications will not be considered until all required materials are received.
Admission Priority Deadlines:
Fall: February 1
Spring: September 1
Transfer Student Admission Requirements:
- Complete the general education requirements (found here).
- Have earned a minimum of 25 semester hours of college credit before an application will be reviewed.
- Have, at a minimum, a cumulative 2.7 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- ____Complete, at the minimum, 72 semester hours of credit accepted by Allen College prior to matriculation at Allen College. Students may complete elective courses while enrolled in the PH program.
EAGER Admission Requirements:
The EAGER admission process allows outstanding high school students, or college students with fewer than 25 semester hours of academic credit, to request admission to Allen College. If the EAGER applicant is admitted, enrollment is guaranteed for a specified term. All admission criteria must be maintained, including satisfactory completion of all required general education coursework prior to beginning Allen College.
Allen College uses a holistic admission review. The process balances academic achievement, work experience, extra-curricular involvement, leadership, community service, diversity, as well as, other applicable life experiences.
- EAGER applicants must meet at least two of the following three criteria:
- ACT composite score of 25 or above or another equivalent standardized college entrance test score.
- Minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- High school rank in the upper 20% of their graduating class, or have taken the General Education Developmental test (GED) with composite score of 57 or above
- Recommended high school curriculum:
- English-8 semesters (2 semesters in Composition)
- Math-6 semesters (2 semesters in Algebra)
- Science-6 semesters (2 semesters in Biology, 2 semesters in Chemistry)
- Social Sciences-6 semesters
Admission is competitive. Completion of these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.