Admission Requirements Public Health-Healthcare Leadership
The Public Health program accepts students in the fall and spring semesters, though fall is generally preferred. Applications will not be considered until all required materials are received. Applicant review and admission happens on a monthly basis until the program is full.
Transfer Student Admission Requirements:
- Complete the general education requirements.
- Have earned a minimum of 25 semester hours of college credit before an application will be reviewed.
- Have, at a minimum, a cumulative 2.7 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Complete, at the minimum, 72 semester hours of credit accepted by Allen College prior to matriculation at Allen College. Students may complete elective courses while enrolled in the PH program.
Applicants whose first language is not English must prove English proficiency prior to admission review. Visit http://www.allencollege.edu/future-students-international-student-admission.aspx for details.
EAGER Admission Requirements:
The EAGER admission process allows outstanding high school students to request admission to Allen College. If an EAGER applicant is admitted, enrollment is guaranteed for a specified term. All admission criteria must be maintained, including satisfactory completion of prescribed general education courses prior to matriculation.
Allen College uses a holistic admission review. The process balances academic achievement, work experience, extra-curricular involvement, leadership, community service, diversity, as well as, other applicable life experiences.
- EAGER applicants must meet at least two of the following three criteria:
- ACT composite score of 25 or above or another equivalent standardized college entrance test score.
- Minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 3.8 on a 4.0 scale
- High school rank in the upper 20% of their graduating class, or have taken the General Education Developmental test (GED) with composite score of 57 or above
- Recommended high school curriculum:
- English-8 semesters (2 semesters in Composition)
- Math-6 semesters (2 semesters in Algebra)
- Science-6 semesters (2 semesters in Biology, 2 semesters in Chemistry)
- Social Sciences-6 semesters
Admission is competitive. Completion of these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.