Required Application Materials Doctor of Nursing Practice
Applications will not be considered until all required materials are received. Review of complete applicant files occurs on a rolling basis.
The following application materials must be submitted:
Application (Students may apply directly to Allen College or through NursingCAS)
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee (waived for Allen College alumni)
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended sent directly from the college(s) to Allen College
- Three recommendations from Academic or Professional representatives
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of national advanced practice certification, if applicable
- Completion of 600 contact hours of clinical experience in a MSN program. Graduates from advanced practice programs other than Allen College must provide verification of clinical hours from the NP program director. (If an applicant has less than 600 contact hours, and is selected for admission, the additional hours to total 1000 will be included in the plan of study).
Allen College uses a holistic admission review. The process balances academic achievement, work experience, extra-curricular involvement, leadership, community service, diversity, as well as, other applicable life experiences.
Please note: Meeting admission criteria does not guarantee admission into the program.
Allen College uses a competitive admission review. The top applicants are accepted each term.