Application for Allen College Scholarship Assistance
The deadline to apply for Allen College institutional scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic was February 1, 2022. The selection process takes several months to complete and most awards are announced in May and June.
Allen College has more than 130 institutional scholarships. Several scholarships have specific criteria. The general scholarship application form is used for all scholarships offered through Allen College for the health sciences and nursing schools. (List of Scholarships)
- A Scholarship Selection Committee reviews completed scholarship applications.
- The scholarship selection process is a competitive process based on scholarship criteria, financial need, GPA, community service and the scholarship application as a whole (including references). Not all scholarship applicants receive an award.
- To be considered for Allen College scholarships, scholarship applicants must be enrolled at Allen College or accepted to Allen College at the time the Scholarship Selection Committee processes scholarships applications.
Employees of Allen College (full-time and part-time) do not qualify for this institutional scholarship assistance. This does not include tutors or work study or adjunct.
- Applicants with a background matching the scholarship criteria will be considered eligible for those scholarships.
- To be considered an eligible applicant for 2022-2023, you must attend Allen College summer 2022 and/or fall 2022 and/or spring 2023.
- Your scholarship application will remain active for the academic year until final awards have been made for all scholarships.
- Award amounts are based on availability of funds and may vary every year
This scholarship application does not pertain to any scholarships offered by community, civic, private, or other groups and organizations outside Allen College or the Allen Foundation.
Instructions for Application:
- Once you click on the link to apply at the bottom of this page, you will be taken to the Welcome page of the application. Read the instructions and make sure you meet minimum requirements for scholarship assistance before proceeding.
- After reading the instructions, click on "Click here to log into the scholarship application" or "Apply."
You will be taken to the Login page. If you completed an application in a previous year, you will be asked to login. There are instructions if you cannot remember your password. If you have not applied for scholarship assistance in a prior year, you will be asked to create a sign in name and password. This will allow you to begin the scholarship application process and complete it at a different time.
You will be taken to the Dashboard page of the scholarship application. Please read all directions thoroughly. The first task to complete is to request references (shown as Request on the Dashboard).
It is the student's responsibility to verify the scholarship application and two references are submitted prior to the deadline. Scholarship applications without two references are not considered complete. Incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered for Allen College institutional scholarships.
If there are any questions, please contact a representative from the Scholarship Selection Committee at (319) 226-2011.
INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SCHOLARSHIP ASSISTANCE.
NOTE: Reducing your enrollment from full-time to part-time after you are awarded a scholarship may impact your scholarship award.