Application for Allen College Scholarship Assistance
The deadline to apply for Allen Institutional Scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic year was February 8, 2021. The selection process takes several months to complete and most awards are announced in May and June.
Allen College has more than 180 institution scholarships available. Several scholarships have specific criteria. The general scholarship application form is used for all scholarships offered through Allen College for the health sciences and nursing schools. (List of Scholarships)
- A Scholarship Selection Committee reviews completed scholarship applications.
- The scholarship selection process is a competitive process based on scholarship criteria, financial need, GPA, community service and the scholarship application as a whole (including references). Not all scholarship applicants receive an award.
- To be considered for Allen College scholarships, scholarship applicants must be enrolled at Allen College or accepted to Allen College at the time the Scholarship Selection Committee processes scholarships applications.
Employees of Allen College (full-time and part-time) do not qualify for this institutional scholarship assistance. This does not include tutors or work study or adjunct.
- Applicants with a background matching the scholarship criteria will be considered eligible for those scholarships.
- To be considered an eligible applicant for 2021-2022, you must attend Allen College summer 2021 and/or fall 2021 and/or spring 2022.
- Your scholarship application will remain active for the academic year until final awards have been made for all scholarships.
- Award amounts are based on availability of funds and may vary every year
This scholarship application does not pertain to any scholarships offered by community, civic, private, or other groups and organizations outside Allen College or the Allen Foundation.
Instructions for Application:
Deadline for applying:
The deadline to apply for Allen College institutional scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic year was February 8, 2021.
- Once you click on the link to apply at the bottom of this page, you will be taken to the Welcome page of the application. Read the instructions and make sure you meet minimum requirements for scholarship assistance before proceeding.
- After reading the instructions, click on "Click here to log into the scholarship application" or "Apply."
You will be taken to the Login page. If you completed an application in a previous year, you will be asked to login. There are instructions if you cannot remember your password. If you have not applied for scholarship assistance in a prior year, you will be asked to create a sign in name and password. This will allow you to begin the scholarship application process and complete it at a different time.
You will be taken to the Dashboard page of the scholarship application. Please read all directions thoroughly. The first task to complete is to request references (shown as Request on the Dashboard).
- Note that the application software does time out after a period of inactivity; therefore, you should save your information often. You may want to type some of the information in Word and copy it to your application so that you don't lose the information if it times out.
- Some fields on the scholarship application have a word limit.
- Please use appropriate grammar and upper/lower case when completing your scholarship application.
- Important: You will be asked if you wish to be considered for all Allen College institutional scholarships or only those that do not require attendance at a scholarship reception. Scholarships funded by individual or corporate donors may require attendance at a reception in the fall. If you elect to be considered for one of these scholarships, you will be required to attend a scholarship reception or forfeit your scholarship. This may mean you would need to miss work, travel a distance, etc. If attending a reception isn't something you can commit to, you may elect to be considered for scholarships that do not require attendance at a reception.
- References or Requests (Complete this first):
You will be required to submit two (2) professional and/or academic references online from persons most familiar with your background and abilities. References can be found under the "Request" button. This should be the first thing you complete so that your references can be notified and have ample time to respond. References from family members are not recommended. Your references need to reflect your specific qualifications as they relate to the applicable scholarships for which you are applying. These qualifications will be carefully examined to determine your eligibility based on the individual donor's criteria. The reference information can be accessed when you apply online through the "Request" section of the application and an electronic message will be sent to the people you select to submit references. These people must complete the electronic reference form and submit electronically by February 8, 2021 (prior to 5 p.m. central standard time).
- You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.FAFSA.ed.gov by March 1, 2021. Contact the Financial Aid Office at (319) 226-2514 if you have questions or for assistance. (Students who do not have current FAFSA information available may not be eligible for Allen College scholarships.)
It is your responsibility to verify you have submitted the scholarship application and two references prior to the deadline. You can do this by accessing the online scholarship application and monitoring your status. After you have completed and submitted your scholarship application, your status should be "submitted" and reflect 100% completed. Upon submitting your application, you will receive an email confirming.
If there are any questions, please contact a representative from the Scholarship Selection Committee at (319) 226-2011.
INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SCHOLARSHIP ASSISTANCE.
NOTE: Reducing your enrollment from full-time to part-time after you are awarded a scholarship may impact your scholarship award.