Anne Christensen Doyle Center for Engagement, Learning, and Leadership
Bringing Learning to Life
The name of the Center recognizes the important work and dedication of our colleague, Anne Christensen Doyle, who passed away on September 1, 2012 while serving as the College's international admissions counselor. During her professional career, Anne managed study abroad programs, arranged for visits from international visitors, and ensured that Hawkeye Community College and Allen College met all requirements of the Department of Homeland Security relative to the admission and enrollment of international students. Anne held baccalaureate and master's degrees from the University of Northern Iowa.
The Anne Christensen Doyle Center for Engagement, Learning and Leadership is supported by generous gifts from Anne's husband, Allen College alumnus Timothy Doyle; from Anne's father and stepmother, David and Glenda Christensen; and from Anne's friends, colleagues, and other family members. With this support, the Center will build on its mission to connect faculty, staff and students to community needs through mutually beneficial partnerships that develop civic responsibility and sustain community commitment.
Connecting faculty, staff and students to community needs through mutually beneficial partnerships that develop civic responsibility and sustain community commitment.
The vision of the Center for Engagement, Learning and Leadership to promote:
- CARING - Demonstrate the core values of Allen College through service experiences.
- DIVERSITY - Promote engagement through diverse service experiences.
- PARTNERSHIPS - Develop a sustainable network of mutually beneficial partnerships within the community.
- EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE - Improve the lives of others by providing exceptional service to the community.
The goals of the Center for Engagement, Learning and Leadership are to:
- Develop an institutional culture to support and sustain community service and service-learning.
- Foster civic responsibility, leadership development and lifelong learning through engagement in service
- Enhance existing community partnerships and build relationships with diverse partners through collaboration.
Learn more about Honors Program or Service Learning.
For more information in developing a partnership with Allen College, contact:
The Cell: CELL@allencollege.edu or 319-226-2028
CELL Community Service Activity Reporting Form Process
Service Activity/Opportunity Process Flow Chart
Farm Show Blood Pressure Cheeks - March 2019