Minimum Technology Requirements
Allen College students must meet minimum technology requirements to successfully complete online and hybrid courses. The Allen College Computer Lab is available to students 24/7 and contains 24 computers meeting the minimum technology requirements. It is highly recommended students have access to the following technologies.
Please contact Seth Vickers at Seth.Vickers@allencollege.edu or at (319) 226-2085 if you need help in obtaining, installing, or using any of these technologies, or if you have problems using any of these technologies.
Up-to-date personal computer or laptop
- High speed internet connection
- Microsoft Office 365 Software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote)
- As an Allen College student you will have access to five free downloads of Office 365.
- Speaker to hear recorded lectures
- Internet browser
- Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer for PC
- Safari for Mac
- If you have browser problems:
- Please try a different browser. For PCs, Firefox or Google Chrome are recommended for the best performance in Blackboard
- Printer or access to a printer
- Allen College provides four printers for student use. Two are available 24/7 in the computer lab, one is in the Barrett Forum Library, and the other is in Winter Hall.
- Examples of commonly used technologies in Allen College courses include:
- Remote Proctor Now
- Collaborate Ultra
- Adobe Reader
Please note that other possible technologies, such as Epocrates, subscriptions (such as to free email lists like Tomorrow's Professor, Faculty Focus, and the like), plug-ins, etc. may be required in specific courses. Information on obtaining these technologies will be provided in individual courses.
For program specific requirements, please click on the applicable link:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Graduate Nursing (Master of Science in Nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice)
Associate Degree of Science in Radiography
Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Medical Laboratory Science
Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
Doctor of Education