at Allen College
FREE ONLINE TUTORING FOR ALLEN COLLEGE STUDENTS
Step 1: Log into Blackboard Learn and navigate to your course, or use this link:
Step 2: Click on the NetTutor link within your course.
Step 3: Choose the subject area for which you would like tutoring.
Step 4: Choose the mode of tutoring that you desire.
- Beginning Statistics
- Business and Management
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Information Technology
- Medical Terminology
- Molecular & Cellular Biology
- Microsoft Excel, Office, PowerPoint, Project, & Word
- Critical Care Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing - Dosage and Calculation
- General Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Hospice Care
- Maternal/Fetal Nursing
- Principles & Concepts of Nutrition
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Principles of Management
Modes of online tutoring:
- Meet with a Live Tutor - connect to a live tutor for immediate assistance
- Drop Off a Question - drop off a question and receive feedback from a tutor
- Drop Off a Paper - submit your paper, dissertation, lab report, or technical writing for review. Please allow at least 48 hours for return of your paper; however, it may take up to 72 hours during times of peak usage (e.g., midterm and end-of-term). Please plan accordingly.
To view the tutors' hours of availability, click on the "Tutor Schedule" link located just below your name in the upper right corner of the page on which you choose the mode of tutoring you desire (this will be the page you are on after Step 3 above). Tutoring hours may vary by semester.
Using the Tools and Services of NetTutor
How to Use the Tools on the NetTutor Whiteboard
Having trouble connecting to NetTutor? Below are the minimum requirements.
- Minimum Browser: An HTML5-compatible browser (Internet Explorer 10+, Chrome 28+. Firefox 28+, Safari 7+)
- Internet Connection: 56K or greater
- Security: Make sure cookies are enabled and pop-ups are allowed for www.worldwidewhitebord.com.
Need additional assistance? Fill out a Customer Support Request, available on the tutoring mode selection page, or contact the Student Success Office at (319) 226-2007.