ACE-SAP Free Clinic
Allen College Engagement & Salvation Army Partnership (ACE-SAP) Free Medical Clinic
Partnering to offer preventive healthcare and experiential learning through service.
What is ACE-SAP Clinic?
It is a free clinic that offers the following services. Care is provided by registered nurses who are students in Allen College's nurse practitioner program (supervised by a certified nurse practitioner instructor) as part of their clinical and service learning requirement.
- Complete health history and full physical (health check-up)
- Treatment of minor acute illnesses or chronic conditions
- Medication assistance available
- Cholesterol and blood sugar screening done on-site with results ready in 5 minutes. Persons should come fasting (nothing to eat or drink besides water after midnight)
- Dental assessment, fluoride treatments, and referral for additional dental care if needed
- Health education
- Several immunizations recommended for adults are available at no charge
- Referral to local resources
Where is the clinic?
The clinic is located at the Salvation Army on the corner of Logan Ave. and Hwy 63. Persons should enter the 207 Logan Ave entrance (by the chapel) and signs will direct you downstairs.
Are appointments required?
No, but appointments are encouraged if you have special needs such as specific immunizations or need an interpreter.
How much does it cost?
All services provided at the clinic are free including medications, vaccines and lab tests.
When is the clinic open?
Since the clinic is staffed by students, the times vary depending on student schedules. You can call the Salvation Army at (319) 235-9358 for information on clinic times or view the summer, 2022 calendar.
The ACE-SAP Free Clinic is made possible through generous support from the Cedar Valley United Way, Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa, Free Clinics of Iowa*, Scheels, Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation, and Waterloo Community Foundation.
*The Free Clinics of Iowa distributes State of Iowa funds appropriated for service support at qualifying free clinics.