Distinguished Alumni Award
Darleen has been a witness to what is means to "be there" for others as Christ was there for others throughout her earthly life...As you continue to receive honors, know that many people rejoice with you and say, as I am sure our Lord will say to you one day "well done good and faithful servant."
Darleen Sickert 2002
Darleen Sickert graduated from Allen Memorial Hospital Lutheran School of Nursing in 1947.
- Presently a chairperson for the Women of The Church Organization
- Served 17 years as a Director of Public Health Nursing at the State Health Department
- Served as a minister of Health/Parish Nurse at Des Moines church in the Inner City
- Volunteered at the Stork's nest
- Volunteered as a guide at Living History Farms
- Served on the Red Cross disaster team
- Volunteers at the Blood Center in Des Monies, IA
- Served on the Board of Directors at Bremwood for eight years
- Past Member of the church council at Windsor Heights Lutheran Church