Distinguished Alumni Award
“There is much deserved admiration for Jane’s persistence, determination and attention to detail whether she is writing a grant or planting flowers. Too many visions remain only a dream, Jane turns her visions into reality. She accomplishes so much and yet has always been there for our joys and sorrows.”
Jane Hasek 2006
Dr. Jane E. Hasek, Ed. D.
Chancellor for Allen College from 1989 - 2005.
Dr. Jane E. Hasek is a recognized leader in healthcare education and community service. Since being named Vice President of Education of Allen Memorial Hospital in 1980, Jane has guided the nursing program through its transition to Allen College. Dr. Hasek is responsible for laying the groundwork and for the formation of Allen College and its approval by the Iowa Board of Nursing in 1990 to establish a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Later, the Master of Science in Nursing program and Associate of Science in Radiography program were added.
- 1975 – Association for Lifelong Learning - “Rookie” Adult Educator of the Year Award
- 1976 – Outstanding Young Women of America
- 1976 – Outstanding Service Award—American Heart Association, Iowa Affiliate
- 1976 – Outstanding Volunteer Award for Meritorious Service, American Heart Association
- 1983 – Salute to Professional and Business Women of N.E. Iowa, Women in Communication
- 1983 – “Nurse of the Year” District #4, INA, 1983
- 1984 – Listed in Who’s Who in American Nursing
- 1989 – Alumni of the Year, Lincoln General Hospital School of Nursing, Lincoln, NE
- 1991 – Governor’s Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service to Iowa for involvement with the Maternity Care Task Force
- 1997 – Teresa Christy Award– Iowa Nurses’ Association
- 1999 – Governor’s volunteer Award for involvement with the Jubilee Free Medical Clinic
- 2005 – Selected as one of the 100 Great Nurses, sponsored by the University of Iowa, to recognize those whose courage, competence, and commitment to patients and the nursing profession stands out above all others
- 2005 – Awarded an Honorary Doctoral Degree of Humane Letters from Allen College and given the distinction of Chancellor Emeriti and Distinguished Professor of Nursing.
- 2006 – Inducted into the Allen College Alumni Hall of Fame