Distinguished Alumni Award
JoAn has had an amazing impact on people's lives professionally and personally because of her many leadership and character strengths...As a leader and a person she follows her heart to do what is right often going against the popular decision. She has dedicated her life to nursing, volunteer work, friends and family asking for nothing in return...
JoAn Headington 1999
JoAn Headington graduated from Allen Memorial Hospital Lutheran School of Nursing in 1966.
- 2004 - Today Vice President Patient Care/Chief Nurse - Executive
- 1990 - 2004 Vice President, Operations, Allen - Memorial Hospital
- 1987 - 1990 Administrative Director, Nursing Services, - Allen Memorial Hospital
- 1984 - 1987 Clinical Director of Nursing, Allen Memorial Hospital
- Allen Alumni Nurses' Association Hall of Fame, 1999
- Community Leadership Award, Cedar Valley Opportunity Industrialization Center
- American Heart Association: Top Walker - 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005; Top Individual Fundraising 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005v
- IONE Outstanding Nurse Executive - 2003
- Baden Powell Award, Winnebago Council Boy Scouts of America, 2004
- Named one of Iowa's "100 Great Nurses" - 2005