Summer 2021 |
Spring 2022 | Summer 2022 | Fall 2022
Spring 2023 | Summer 2023
Academic Calendar Guidelines
- A fall/spring semester should contain a minimum of 74 scheduled instructional days, plus a finals week. The first half and second half of the fall and spring semesters should be of equal length.
- Finals Week should begin on a Monday and close on a Friday.
- Commencement should be schedule on the Friday of finals in the summer, fall and spring semesters, when possible.
- The Spring Break should be in conjunction with the University of Northern Iowa (UNI), Cedar Falls/Waterloo School systems. If Cedar Falls and Waterloo are not coordinated, Allen College should schedule Spring Break in conjunction with UNI. The Spring Break need not occur at mid-semester.
- The Thanksgiving Break should be for the full week in which Thanksgiving Day occurs. Classes should resume at 8:00 a.m. on the Monday following Thanksgiving.
- The fall semester (including final examinations) should end no later than December 21. Commencement should be held no later than December 21.
- The spring semester (including final examinations) should end no later than May 11. Commencement should be held no later than May 11.
- The first instructional day of the spring semester is the second Monday in January.