International Student Admission

Additional Admission Requirements for Students Studying on an F-1 Visa 

  1. Proof of English Proficiency (see English Proficiency requirements on the International and ESL Admissions Requirements page)  This requirement must be completed BEFORE you can be considered for admission.
  2. Once admitted, you will be requested to submit the following:
    • If transferring from another U.S. institution, print a School Transfer Form. You must fill out the top section and then deliver it to your International Student Advisor. Ask them to fill out their portion of the form and return it to the address listed at the bottom of the page (on the form). All financial obligations must be satisfied (your bill must be paid in full) at your current school prior to being issued an I-20 by Allen College.
    • If you are coming from outside of the U.S.; after you have been admitted and received the form I-20, pay the SEVIS fee PRIOR to your visa appointment. Make your fee payment here.

Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20)

Once you have been admitted and have completed the additional admission requirements listed above, you will be provided your Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20).

To apply for an F-1 student visa you will need to take your Form 1-20 and any other required materials for your visa appointment to a United States Embassy or Consulate in your home country. The F-1 student visa is required for you to enter the United States as a student.

Check the website of the Embassy or Consulate office you will visit for specific requirements needed to apply for an F-1 student visa. You may want to access the Education USA office closest to you for additional assistance and suggestions.

If you choose to attend another institution after Allen College has issued a Form I-20 you will need to contact us immediately so that it may be corrected in SEVIS.

Responsibilities of Admitted International Students

Once you are admitted to Allen College, you must stay in communication with the Dean of Enrollment Management in order to remain in compliance with your F-1 visa status. Notification and authorization is required for address changes, travel outside of the U.S., and current enrollment must be reported timely.