Distinguished Alumni Award
May Wendt Flemming
"Not very tall, in fact quite small. But fair and sweet, and loved by all."
May Wendt Flemming 1997
May Wendt Flemming graduated from Allen Memorial Hospital Lutheran School of Nursing in 1928.
- She was the first of three to enter Allen Memorial Hospital Training School for Nurses.
- She served as the President of her class
- December 1, 1925, she was the first nursing student on night duty
- April 26-27, 1928, May was among the first Allen students to take State Board Exams
- June 14, 1928, May was notified that she had passed her exams entitling her to a State Certificate
- May worked for 50 years, and most of those years were at Allen Memorial Hospital
- Night Supervisor, Allen Memorial Hospital
- OB Supervisor, Allen Memorial Hospital
- She also worked as a private duty nurse
- She was also an instructor for the Allen Memorial Hospital School of Nursing
- May enjoys walking, gardening and bowling