The VA certifying official provides assistance in obtaining VA education benefits to veterans and other eligible persons. VA education benefits are authorized to veterans and qualified dependents under specific chapters of Title 38, U.S. Code. Each chapter has specific eligibility requirements. The Allen College VA certifying official cannot determine your eligibility for VA education benefits. Your eligibility can only be determined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (http://www.gibill.va.gov/).
Applying for Veterans Benefits
First Time VA Benefits
If you have never used VA education benefits to attend college, you will need to:
- Apply for your benefits online at http://www.gibill.va.gov/.
Apply for admissions to Allen College online at www.allencollege.edu (application).
- Select the link under VA Benefits and Health Care/Education Benefits/How to apply for benefits.
- Submit all requested documents to the VA as directed.
- Make a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or award letter and forward to the VA Certifying Official at Allen College.
If you have used VA education benefits at another college or while on active duty, you do not need to re-apply for your VA benefits. You will need to do the following:
VA Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits
- Contact a VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor by contacting the Iowa Workforce Development Office in Waterloo at 319-235-2123 or 515-362-7365 in Des Moines.
VA Contact Information
Allen College Yellow Ribbon Program Participation
To apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program, go to https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/yellow_ribbon/yellow_ribbon_info_schools.asp