Submission Deadlines for Research Requiring Full IRB Review
Applications for review of research requiring full ACIRB review must be received by the ACIRB before noon (12 PM) at least two (2) weeks prior to the ACIRB meeting at which the application will be reviewed. Earlier submission may be required if there is a holiday or break within the 2-week timeframe prior to the ACIRB meeting. ACIRB submission deadlines for research requiring full review are specified on the ACIRB Meeting Schedule webpage.
Allen College Student EBP/QI Project Application Processing, End of Fall Semester
- EBP/QI (Evidence-Based Practice/Quality Improvement) project review applications that need to be approved for students planning to graduate in May must be complete and submitted to the ACIRB for review by noon on December 1.
- A "complete" application consists of a fully completed EBP/QI form in Cayuse IRB and all supporting documents (e.g., documentation of institutional cooperation; approved project proposal paper; certificate of training in protection of human subjects for student and advisor; permission to access private records, if applicable; permission to use tools, instruments and materials created by others, if applicable).
EBP/QI project review applications received after December 1 may not be reviewed until faculty reconvene spring semester.
Students who submit EBP/QI project review applications after December 1 will be notified about the status of their EBP/QI projects within seven (7) business days after faculty reconvene for the spring semester.
See also procedure for "ACIRB Applications Received Prior to and During Scheduled Breaks."
Deadline for Submitting Allen College Student EBP/QI Project Applications for Students Planning to Graduate in August
Students planning to graduate in August must submit complete EBP/QI project applications to the ACIRB by noon on March 1.
Deadline for Submitting Allen College Student EBP/QI Project Applications for Students Planning to Graduate in December
Students planning to graduate in December must submit complete EBP/QI project applications to Cayuse IRB by noon on July 15.
ACIRB Applications Received Prior to and During Scheduled Breaks
- For the purposes of this procedure, a scheduled break includes days on which there are no classes at Allen College (e.g., Labor Day, Thanksgiving Break, Martin Luther King's Birthday, Spring Break, Good Friday, Memorial Day, 4th of July holiday), as specified on the Allen College Academic Calendar. This procedure excludes the break between the fall and spring semesters (See "ACIRB Allen College Student EBP/QI Project Application Processing, End of Fall Semester").
- The ACIRB will process complete, correct applications for review if received by 12 p.m. (noon) on the last business day before a scheduled break. This means the following:
- Any EBP/QI applications received for review before 12 p.m. on the last business day before break will be distributed to a reviewer on that day, but the deadline for notifying the PI about the status of the application will be the seventh business day after classes resume.
- Applications intended for full ACIRB review that are received before 12 p.m. on the last business day before break will be distributed to ACIRB committee members and put on the next ACIRB meeting agenda for which the application is eligible (i.e., applications for full review must be submitted at least 14 days in advance of the ACIRB meeting at which they are to be reviewed).
- Applications intended and/or eligible for expedited review will be distributed to reviewers, but the deadline for notifying the PI about the status of the project will be the seventh business day after classes resume.
- Applications received after noon on the last business day before break will be processed on the first business day after classes resume.